Okay I feel bad. In August, Daniel awarded me with the Liebster Award. Then in September, Taylor and Jessica awarded me with the Blog On Fire Award.
It’s now October. Think maybe it’s time for me to do a post on it?
Daniel’s blog is over here. He talks about everything under the sun to do with reading, writing, and all that goes with it. Also – he likes chocolate.
Jessica’s blog is over here. She blogs on her crazy adorable life with Taylor and all that she puts into it, as well as other inspiring dog stories.
Thank you Jessica!
You both rock and I’m sorry it took me so long to do a post up and thank you! Oh, and do what I’m supposed to for the award…
These are the questions I’m supposed to answer…
(Liebe is German for “love” by the way.)
1. What is a quote or passage from a novel that you found inspiring or beautiful enough to highlight or make note of?
“I think that when people are little and they first realize they are going to die, death scares them so much that they stop thinking about it. They make up a myth. The myth of immortality. People secretly believe they’re going to live forever. People are immortal right up until the minute they die. They don’t have the presence of mind to love or hate death. They don’t believe in death at all.”
“So – I was about to kill the plant of immortality. That sounds like an oxymoron to me.”
~ Hot House Flower and the 9 Plants of Desire by Margot Berwin [Pg.136]
This book turned out to be quite a surprise. Totally not what I expected at all but I loved it.
2. If you could go back in time and steal someone’s story and write it yourself what would it be?
I wouldn’t. I write for the same reason I breathe; I have to. Why would I breathe for someone else? Why breathe through another’s lungs? At the same time, I wouldn’t write another’s book. Only my own.
3. What fictional character from any book is on your “If you were real I’d want to punch you in the face” list?
Rita Jones from the Dark Angels Series by Keri Arthur. She’s the protagonist but damned if she doesn’t irk me to no end! She lets her urges control her and acts WAY before she thinks, ending herself up in stupid situations that easily could have been avoided. Not to mention that she has the worst taste in men. The. Worst. But she just does the same things over and over and over again!
I often times wonder why I continue to read that series when I’m so bloody picky. Something has me hooked. But yeah, I’d love to punch Rita.
4. Is there anything that you CANT blog about but really, really want to?
Uh, not that I can think of.
5. If you were to put a negative trait from yourself into one of your characters, what would that bad trait be?
I constantly second guess myself.
For this award I’m supposed to tell you 8 unusual things about me. You’d think this would be really easy for me seeing as how I’m about as batty as you can get before you’re just plain psycho, but this was really hard!
8 Unusual Things About Me:
1. I only own one pair of tennis shoes at a time. And it’s always been the same exact pair for like, over seven years now. They’re all black K-Swiss and they’re the only ones I’ve liked for a long time.
2. I don’t like many “classics” at all when it comes to books. I do believe that the only classic I’ve both read and liked is “The Giver” by Lois Lowry, which I read in middle school. I should also add that I haven’t read many classics.
3. I’ve never read Dracula by Bram Stoker or Frankenstein by Mary Shelley even though I really want to. Also, it’s kinda strange for a fantasy writer who loves monsters not to have read those.
4. I can’t stand musicals, except for the Disney movies I grew up on. Yet I love music and to sing.
5. I can’t stand keeping things I don’t need or will never use.
6. I love to research. I can’t wait until we move again in the future to a place with (hopefully) a large local library, where I can look through book after book. Then I can read more too, duh.
7. I have a filled in “U” shaped scar on my right hand, about the size of a nickel that almost no one knows I have and I forget about half the time. My mom was getting me ready for a baby pageant and I decided to pick that day to learn how to pull myself up and walk on my own, only I used the cord of mom’s curling iron and burned myself. I won the baby pageant though.
8. I have a shoe box full of dead roses that I love to continue collecting. I have absolutely no idea why.
If you want to do a post on your respective award, just do what I did above. If not, don’t worry about it. I won’t come through the computer and curse you, I swear. Just know that I enjoy your blog. 😉
My Liebster Award Nominees:
Gael – She does simple and amazing photography and couples it with quotes from others.
Jae – Her enthusiasm for life bleeds through the internet into your brain as soon as you read anything of hers.
Dianne – Is an Australian author who blogs on her crazy awesome life.
My Blog On Fire Nominees:
August – She blogs on healthy foods and what they can do for you as well as her experiences as a model and writer.
Brian – If you’re a writer and you ever feel down, go check out his posts. They’ll help. Promise. Plus, he puts up music all the time! 😀
Kristen – She’s a social media guru who also gives advice on writing, as she’s an author. I love the way she breaks things down.